Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers.
Feel The Fear! This fits into the 'Book that Intimidates Me' part of my life. I have had it on my shelf for a long while. I picked it up a few different times and decided the time wasn't right.
I had another book that was crying out to be read. I needed to go out and forgot to look at it again. I mean can you think of an excuse? I did. Intimidating? 'spose so.
As I have said a number of times before in reviewing books - there are gems on every page. I had to stop highlighting sentences and bookmarking pages on my kindle as I just about ran out of space.
- The Pain to Power Continuum. An awesome tool. Look it up.
- “… when you blame any outside force for any of your experience of life, you are literally giving away all your power and thus creating pain, paralysis and depression.”
- “See if you can week without criticising anyone, or complaining about anything.”
- “STOP FEEDING YOURSELF NEGATIVE THOUGHTS. Negative thoughts take away your power … and thus make you more paralysed from your fear.”
- “Each time the plane strayed off course, the system corrected it.”
- “Don't be deceived into thinking that by changing the external, the internal will be changed. It works the other way round.”
And MANY more. It is so inspiring.
Inspiring – Read Over and Over
A book that needs to be read a few times. A book that can change your life. I know that is a cliché, but clichés become so because they happen a lot. One thing is certain “Nothing Changes, If Nothing Changes.”
I don't know if you want a new life, but if you do, this book is for you.
It is written in plain language and is easy to understand.
There are plenty of actual exercises for you to try (or not) depending on your own personal level of commitment to change. The insights are astounding.